WASHINGTON, D.C. (April 22, 2013) – National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC) today announced that it has educated over 25,000 stakeholders through its web-based education program, NeHC University. Since its inception in 2009, NeHC University has offered over 115 webinars on a wide array of topics directly impacting the health IT community. Taking concepts directly from NeHC’s stakeholders, NeHC has organized programs on hot topics such as best practices in health information exchange (HIE), best practices in consumer engagement, trends in health IT, updates on federal programs and initiatives, and numerous others. The results of NeHC’s most recent stakeholder survey confirmed that NeHC’s programs are strongly aligned with the interests of the health IT community. NeHC thanks the NeHC University Advisory Council for their continued leadership and work to set the curriculum, serve as speakers, and promote NeHC University programs.
For its educational programs, NeHC has been joined by experts and thought-leaders from across the spectrum of health IT, including all levels of the government, non-profit sector, and private arena. Luminaries that have been featured on NeHC University programs include:
- Scott Afzal, HIE Director, Chesapeake Regional Information System for Our Patients (CRISP) and Principal, Audacious Inquiry, LLC
- Robert Anthony, Deputy Director, Health IT Initiatives Group in the Office of E-Health Standards and Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Jodi Daniel, JD, Director of Policy and Planning, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
- Gwenn Darlinger, Manager of Physician Implementation, Quest Diagnostics
- Leslie Kelly Hall, Senior Vice President of Policy, Healthwise
- Michael Lardiere, LCSW, Vice President, Health IT & Strategic Development, National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare
- Farzad Mostashari, MD National Coordinator for Health IT, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Steven Posnack, Director, Federal Policy Division, ONC
- Lygeia Ricciardi, Director of the Office of Consumer eHealth, ONC
- Michael Sims, Chief Financial Officer, Delaware Health Information Network (DHIN)
- Jeffrey Rose, Principal, Rose Healthcare Solutions
- Dr. Henry Wei, Presidential Innovation Fellow, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
“We are proud to showcase extraordinary speakers and a large and growing group of attendees for our NeHC University programs,” said NeHC CEO Kate Berry. “There is an enormous appetite for health IT education programs given the challenging and rapidly evolving environment and we strive to meet that need.”
In the coming months, NeHC will continue to offer a wide range of health IT education programs on health information exchange, patient engagement, ONC programs and policies, and NeHC’s Consumer eHealth Readiness Tool (CeRT). Stakeholder suggestions and feedback are welcome; please contact Matthew Hager with any ideas or program proposals.
Recorded webinars, slides, MP3s, and transcripts for past NeHC University programs can be accessed on the NeHC website. Archived NeHC University classes and materials are offered free to NeHC members and for a modest fee to non-members. NeHC encourages its many repeat attendees to take advantage of the significant discount offered through NeHC membership.